Our Little...Growing...Forever Family

Our Little...Growing...Forever Family
Our Little...Growing...Forever Family

Sunday, January 24, 2016

A Change is going to Come... 2015

Honesty moment!  

I watch these little girls grow and change and need me less and it breaks me, I have to take a deep breath and try to focus on the reason they are mine. This is my life... not a job or a calling!! Elder Holland puts it  so bluntly...Motherhood is hard. I feel these words as they sear into my heart..   He talks directly to me..."Today I wish to praise those motherly hands that have rocked the infant’s cradle and, through the righteousness taught to their children there, are at the very center of the Lord’s purposes for us in mortality.  This truth is Huge---This concept of me being the most influential person for them , well, it is scary!  As heavy as me as their mother is, I'm designed to do this, this divine role!  Carried through some moment with the love of my husband!   I do have to say Mothers are held to a different standard... He continues to say "cherish that role that is so uniquely yours and for which heaven itself sends angels to watch over you and your little ones."   I have loved to think of my mother and I know she knows me and my struggles now! I feel her and the comfort I feel from the love she had for my brother and it carries me on tough days!   I realize that this time in my life, my home and my marriage is priceless... and these moments are the shortest of all. Memories will be left but the measure of who I am will be measured in the young women, wives and mothers they become! Could I deny them a royal heritage of Love from Heavenly Father and a relationship with the Savior Jesus Christ, I will not. I seek the peace that my faith teaches to find the comfort in that I'm trying everyday to be the mother worthy of the most precious gifts! I can say with fortitude my life is truly Grand....As we prepare to welcome a SON... I know I will have these little ladies to help...




 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment